When it comes to tát shelling out the money for yet another trang chính improvement project, is it really worth to tát spend it on tinting your house windows? Sure, tinting trang chính windows might cut down on glare and heat gain during hot Bundy summers, but with all things taken into trương mục, is the ROI worth the investment?
As local experts in all types of window tinting, we can help you weigh the pros and cons of tinted trang chính windows. Of course, selecting a quality product is crucial when it comes to tát maximising your investment. But what many Bundaberg homeowners overlook is the importance of having the window treatment installed professionally. This can be the difference between decades of savings or a few short years before having to tát replace the tint.
Bạn đang xem: home window tint reviews
The Pros and Cons of trang chủ Window Tinting
Are the windows in your trang chính old, fragile, or energy-inefficient? Treating windows with the right window film is one of the easiest and most economical ways to tát boost energy efficiency. But that’s not all. Certain types of window films are equipped with additional benefits for added reinforcement, UV protection, and daylight redirecting properties. Here are some of the pros of tinting trang chính windows with the proper type of film.
The “Pros” of Tinting trang chủ Windows
- Prevent fading of interior furnishing and upholstery – Have you ever noticed how curtains, drapes, and upholstered furniture near the windows fade over time? This damage is the result of prolonged UV exposure from the sun. To combat this from occurring, some window film products deliver 99.9% UV blocking capabilities.
- Block infrared solar energy that causes heat gain – It’s no secret that if you sit by a window receiving direct sunlight, it’s going to tát feel warmer. That is unless the window is equipped with a sun control film. Such products are designed to tát block 97% of infrared light, which in turn can minimize AC-taxing heat gain all while enhancing comfort.
- Control energy leaks and heat loss – With products lượt thích 3M™ Thinsulate™, low emissivity capabilities improve the insulation value of a typical single-pane window close to tát that of a double-pane window, and of a double-pane comparable to tát that of a triple-pane. This advanced yet invisible insulation technology helps retain heat keeping you warmer during the colder months in Bundy.
- Improve visibility to tát the outdoors – Another common feature found in certain types of 3M™ Window Film is lowered interior and exterior reflectivity. In essence, this feature enhances outdoor viewing from the inside while maintaining an attractive look from the outside.
- Redirect natural sunlight deeper into your home – With daylight redirecting window film, as much as 80% of sunlight can be redirected up onto the ceiling, casting light as deep as 40 feet from the window into a room. In fact, according to tát 3M™, there’s a links between enhanced natural light and increased productivity. Hospitals have even shown improved patient recovery with daylighting effects from such window film.
- Enhanced safety and security – Taking the “pros” one step further, some window treatments are equipped with all of the latter benefits as well as added protection against forced break-ins and natural disasters. Not only vì thế these safety and security films prevent shattering, but in the instance there is a break, the film helps hold the glass together, thereby preventing flying shards from causing injury. In many instances of forced entry attempts, these films will deter threats immediately keeping you and your family safe.
The “Cons” of Tinting trang chủ Windows
- Not all trang chính window tints are created equal – Selecting the right window treatment is critical. Not only is it important to tát choose the proper window film for the harsh Bundaberg climate, but going with a budget tint can provide limited benefits in terms of heat retention, sun control, UV blocking, and other aspects that might be important to tát you. In short, choose a window treatment wisely, ideally with the guidance of professional local business lượt thích Just Tinting.
- Certain products don’t come with a warranty – trang chủ window tinting might help create an energy-efficient trang chính by regulating the inside temperature, however some cheaper tints and films don’t come with a warranty and may need to tát be replaced shortly after the installation. For that reason, it’s important to tát work with a tinting company that offers high-quality window films that are covered. At Just Tinting Bundaberg, we offer lifetime warranty on all our tinting products, sánh you only ever have to tát pay ONCE for your tint.
- Depending on the size of your trang chính, it might cost you – Of course with any trang chính improvement project there’s going to tát be a cost. Window tinting is no exception. For larger homes, a professional installation might cost several thousands of dollars when it’s all said and done. However, when you factor-in the long-term energy savings with such an investment, the payback can be as soon as just a few years. Just see some of our customer reviews for proof.
So, Is Tinting Your trang chủ Windows Worth It?
When weighing the pros and cons of residential window tinting, the choice should be obvious. From improving the energy-efficiency, safety, and security of your windows to tát enhancing UV protection, daylighting, and visibility to tát the outdoors, the advantages heavily outweigh the disadvantages. However, this is only the case with certain window film products that deliver on these capabilities and provide years of ROI.
To learn more about whether or not residential window tinting is right for your trang chính, tương tác us at Just Tinting Bundaberg.