From Wikipedia, the không tính phí encyclopedia
This article is about the type of electric cell. For the military weapon, see anti-aircraft warfare.
Bạn đang xem: lithium ion double a batteries
The AA battery (or double-A battery) is a standard size single cell cylindrical dry battery. The IEC 60086 system calls the size R6, and ANSI C18 calls it 15. It is named UM-3 by JIS of nhật bản. Historically, it is known as D14 (hearing aid battery), U12 – later U7 (standard cell), or HP7 (for zinc chloride 'high power' version) in official documentation in the United Kingdom, or a pen cell.
AA batteries are common in portable electronic devices. An AA battery is composed of a single electrochemical cell that may be either a primary battery (disposable) or a rechargeable battery. Several different chemistries are used in their construction. The exact terminal voltage, capacity and practical discharge rates depend on cell chemistry; however, devices designed for AA cells will usually only take 1.2–1.5 V unless specified by the manufacturer.
Introduced in 1907 by The American Ever Ready Company,[third-party source needed] the AA battery size was standardized by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in 1947, but it had been in use in flashlights and electrical novelties before formal standardization. ANSI and IEC battery nomenclature gives several designations for cells in this size, depending on cell features and chemistry. Before being called AA batteries, they were commonly called Z batteries, as the ones produced by the Burgess Battery Company were sold as "Number Z" (meant to tướng indicate them being smaller kêu ca the "Number 1", which was similar in size to tướng a modern C battery). Due to tướng their popularity in small flashlights, they are often called "penlight batteries".
An AA cell measures 49.2–50.5 mm (1.94–1.99 in) in length, including the button terminal—and 13.5–14.5 mm (0.53–0.57 in) in diameter. The positive terminal button should be a minimum 1 mm high and a maximum 5.5 mm in diameter, the flat negative terminal should be a minimum diameter of 7 mm. 14500 Lithium Batteries are longer if they feature a protection circuit up to tướng 53 mm.
Alkaline AA cells have a weight of roughly 23 g (0.81 oz), lithium AA cells around 15 g (0.53 oz), and rechargeable Ni-MH cells around 31 g (1.1 oz).
Chemistry and capacity
Primary (non-rechargeable) zinc–carbon (dry cell) AA batteries have around 400–900 milliampere hours capacity, with measured capacity highly dependent on test conditions, duty cycle, and cut-off voltage. Zinc–carbon batteries are usually marketed as "general purpose" batteries. Zinc-chloride batteries store around 1,000 to tướng 1,500 mAh are often sold as "heavy duty" or "super heavy duty". Alkaline batteries from 1,700 mAh to tướng 2,850 mAh cost more kêu ca zinc-chloride batteries, but hold additional charge. AA size alkaline batteries are termed as LR06 by IEC, and AM-3 by JIS.
Xem thêm: khaleesi daenerys targaryen costume
Non-rechargeable lithium iron disulfide batteries are manufactured for devices that draw more current, such as digital cameras, where their high cost is offset by longer running time between battery changes and more constant voltage during discharge. The capacity of alkaline batteries is greatly reduced as the discharge current increases, however the capacity of a Li-FeS2 battery is not affected by high discharge currents nearly as much as alkaline batteries. Another advantage of lithium disulfide batteries compared to tướng alkaline batteries is that they are less prone to tướng leak. This is particularly important in expensive equipment, where a leaking alkaline battery can damage the equipment due to tướng the corrosive electrolyte coming into tương tác with sensitive electronics. Lithium iron disulfide batteries are intended for use in equipment compatible with alkaline zinc batteries. Lithium-iron disulfide batteries can have an open-circuit voltage as high as 1.8 volts, but the closed-circuit voltage decreases, making this chemistry compatible with equipment intended for zinc-based batteries. A fresh alkaline zinc battery can have an open-circuit voltage of 1.6 volts, but a lithium iron disulfide battery with an open-circuit voltage below 1.7 volts is entirely discharged.
Rechargeable batteries in the AA size are available in multiple chemistries: nickel–cadmium (NiCd) with a capacity of roughly 600–1,000 mAh, nickel–metal hydride (NiMH) in various capacities of 600–2,750 mAh and lithium-ion. NiCd and NIMH provide 1.2 V; lithium-ion chemistry has a nominal voltage of 3.6–3.7 volts, and AA-sized cells of this voltage are coded 14500 rather kêu ca AA. AA-sized lithium-ion cells with circuitry to tướng reduce the voltage to tướng the 1.5V of standard replaceable cells are also made.
NiMH and lithium-ion AA/14500 cells can supply most of their capacity even when under a high current drain (0.5A and higher), unlike alkaline and zinc-chloride ("Heavy Duty"/"Super Heavy Duty") cells which drop to tướng a small fraction of their low current capacity before even reaching 1 C.
A Li-ion 1.5V AA-size battery, sold by the Chinese company Kentli as "Kentli PH5" since năm trước and with similar batteries later available from other suppliers, is a AA-sized battery housing containing a rechargeable 3.7 V Li-ion cell with an internal buck converter at the positive electrode to tướng reduce the output voltage to tướng 1.5 V. The Kentli batteries expose the normal 3.7 V Li-ion electrode in a ring around the AA electrode to tướng allow charging by a special charger. It supplies the same 1.5 V as a fresh disposable alkaline AA cell, but with virtually no drop over the discharge cycle, unlike other disposable or rechargeable cells. Its lithium-ion chemistry provides a low self-discharge of 3% per month. Its capacity at 250 mA drain is 1,700 mAh at 1.5 V, less kêu ca other chemistries, limited by the low efficiency of the step-down converter. Some later Li-ion AA batteries advertise their capacity in milliwatt-hours (mWh) instead of the usual milliampere-hours (mAh), sánh a customer's attention is drawn to tướng the figure, typically a claimed 3,000 or more, which is in reality 2,000 mAh.
Xem thêm: vtech watch dx2
By 2023, several brands of 1.5 V Li-ion rechargeable batteries in both AA and AAA sizes (with voltage converting circuitry in even the small AAA casing) were available. They use various charging methods, without the special Kentli ring third electrode. Some have special chargers—a charger for a 1.2 V cell will not provide sufficient voltage—but tự not use a third electrode. Others have a USB port built into the cell itself.
Nickel-zinc cell (NiZn) rechargeable 1.65 V AA and AAA cells are also available, but not widely used. They require a charging circuit capable of supplying that voltage.
|Chemistry||IEC name||ANSI/NEDA name||Nominal voltage (V)||Capacity under 50 mA constant drain (mAh)||Max. energy at nominal voltage and 50 mA drain (Wh)||Rechargeable|
|Li-ion||??R15/50||14500||3.60–3.70||600–1,100 (1,600 mAh at 1.5V)||3.88||Yes|
In 2011, AA cells accounted for approximately 60% of alkaline battery sales in the United States. In nhật bản, 58% of alkaline batteries sold were AA, known in that country as tansan (単三). In Switzerland, AA batteries totaled 55% in both primary and secondary (rechargeable) battery sales.
- List of battery sizes
- Battery nomenclature
- ^ a b Classic (LR6) datasheet from energizer.com
- ^ "What are UM3 Batteries?". Ask Media Group, LLC. 4 August 2015. Retrieved March 29, 2020.
- ^ "Eveready D14 Hearing Aid "A" Battery".
- ^ Blaukatz Battery Encyclopaedia
- ^ "About Eveready®". Eveready. Archived from the original on May 9, 2017. Retrieved August 8, 2017.
- ^ "Energizer Alkaline AA Battery Specification" (PDF). Product Datasheet. Energizer. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- ^ "Energizer Lithium AA Battery Specification" (PDF). Energizer. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- ^ "Energizer NiMH AA Battery Specification" (PDF). Energizer. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- ^ Lithium Iron Disulfide Handbook and Application Manual, Version LI4.04, Energizer Battery Manufacturing Inc.
- ^ Bergveld, H; Kruijt, W; Notten, Phường (February 1999). "Electronic-network modelling of rechargeable NiCd cells and its application to tướng the design of battery management systems". Journal of Power Sources. 72 (2): 143–158. Bibcode:1999JPS....77..143B. doi:10.1016/S0378-7753(98)00188-8.
- ^ "Panasonic NI-MH Handbook- Industrial batteries" (PDF). Panasonic. năm trước. pp. 22–55.
- ^ "2018–2019 Panasonic Catalog" (PDF). Panasonic Batteries. pp. 32–43, 60–62.
- ^ "Test of Eneloop AA HR-3UTGB 1,900mAh (White)". lygte-info.dk. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- ^ "Test of Keeppower 14500 840mAh (Black) 2014". lygte-info.dk. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- ^ "Test of Duracell Ultra Power AA". lygte-info.dk. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- ^ "Test of Panasonic Super Heavy Duty AA CAN". lygte-info.dk. Retrieved 2019-02-13.
- ^ an Internet or retailer tìm kiếm for rechargeable lithium AA batteries will find examples
- ^ Gin, Jason (7 December 2014). "Teardown of Kentli PH5 1.5 V Li-Ion AA battery". Rip It Apart - Jason's electronics blog-thingy. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- ^ Gin, Jason (2 May 2018). "Completed: Self-discharge test of Kentli PH5 1.5V Li-ion AA (Part 6)". Rip It Apart - Jason's electronics blog-thingy.
- ^ Gin, Jason (17 June 2015). "Performance analysis/review of Kentli PH5 Li-ion 1.5V AA battery". Rip It Apart - Jason's electronics blog-thingy.
- ^ Review & Teardown: Tenavolts AA Size 1.5V Li-ion battery (13' Video). 18 June 2019 – via YouTube. Analysis of performance and charging, and teardown, of a 1.5V Li-ion cell
- ^ Witherspoon, Thomas (12 April 2022). "Pale Blue Earth Li-Ion AA Batteries Review". QRPer.
- ^ Absatzzahlen 2008 INOBAT 2008 statistics.
- ^ "LIFE CYCLE IMPACTS OF ALKALINE BATTERIES WITH A FOCUS ON END‐OF‐LIFE" (PDF). 3 March năm nhâm thìn. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 March năm nhâm thìn.
- ^ "BAJ Website - Monthly battery sales statistics". www.baj.or.jp. Archived from the original on 2010-12-06. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- Media related to tướng AA batteries at Wikimedia Commons
- Datasheet for Energizer alkaline AA battery (E91)
- Datasheet for Energizer lithium AA battery (L91)
- Datasheet for Duracell alkaline AA battery (MN1500)